Thursday, August 2, 2018

TCT 2018 retreat - nuntium ducentesimum octogesimum quintum



Wow did we have fun or what!  Many thanks to Cindy  who did so much of the organizing and the shopping.  She's so organized we even are ready for next year!

The Timberhaze is an amazing location which again was an oasis of calm and lots of laughter and tatting.  In fact I'm not sure it's a good idea to tell everyone how wonderful it is because we want to go again and it fills up fast!  The craft room alone is amazing. 
Photo by Cindy


We had another lovely commemorative shuttle from Frivole
Another wonderful photo by Cindy

We went to a nearby winery one day and out for dinner the first evening but the majority of the time was tatting, tatting and more tatting!

My first goal was to get my four lucky pennies done.  I finally found them in ND when we were there last week.  So here's the first thing I made:

That doesn't seem to be a lucky penny.  Right!  Diane had brought a pattern for the peacock bead from Shelley Perreault.  I tried the metallic Lizbeth (isn't that a gorgeous color?) but it was too big so I made an ice drop.  Go figure, Diane was in the room....

Diane is so, so generous.  She brought a lot of supplies including all of the metallic Lizbeth threads.  She offered and offered so I happily took some (a lot- gulp!).
My plan is to make a snowflake in each of the colors I chose and see which I like most.  Then I order my own stash.  It's much nicer than most metallics and doesn't seem to hurt my hands.  But it isn't regular Lizbeth for sure.

Next, my penny.  I've made about 10 of these and suddenly I couldn't get it to work!


Grr, I tried altering the stitch counts and NOTHING worked.  I even called in the expert - Heidi and she couldn't figure it out either.  Turns out the size of large picot on the back side is VERY important.  Mine was too small.
Finally success.

Isn't that the cutest box ever?  Diane, of course.

Next I tried tatting on a button like Cindy does.

Cindy has tatted on buttons for a few years now and always makes such lovely things.  With the Mocha metallic and Cindy's guidance on the beads, I gave it a try.  (This is Cindy's pattern.)  And in case you haven't noticed it, look at the gorgeous "bin" that she made for each of us.  Mine has wine corks- how appropriate!

Next, then more pennies!

Where did the picture of the fourth one go?  I don't know!  Who cares!  


Now I'm off on my next tatting adventure- where will it be?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a wonderful time! Productive too, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything lovely! I like a lot the purse with the tatted button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like an awesome time!!! :)
    Wonderful Ice Drop!! :) Elegant button tatting!!! :)
    Cute pennies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, you've taken the best pictures! Yes, I heard you talking about filters... I kept thinking I should play with filters, but somehow I never do. It was a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the good pictures are actually Cindy's....

      Delete
  5. I had such a fun week I haven’t posted about it yet! What a great retreat with great friends and tatters. I’m already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!