Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Metallic snowflake #2 - nuntium ducentesimum nonagesimum primum

Here's one with Lizbeth Metallic Silver.  It's very pretty in person.

This is Robin Perfetti's First Snowfall and I remember when I first tried it, I had the dickens of a time remembering the large rings below the central ones.  Guess what?  Same problem.  Because I had a limited amount of the precious Lizbeth Metallic, I distatified an arm and a half!  I have put a note on my pattern to watch out for this.  I know several people have said this but the metallic shine doesn't really come through in the photos.  If you are even mildly thinking of trying this thread, go for it!

6 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew this was Robin Perfetti's pattern. The perfection of its design was a clue. However I must say you have tatted it perfectly, especially since you used metallic thread. I am looking forward to using the Elizabeth metallic thread. I spent a lot of money and time back in the 1990s hunting for a good metallic thread and I was fortunate that DMC metallic on a spool, found easily in the cross stitch sections of craft stores, worked well, although color choices were limited. And it was tricky to use the right tension. It was equivalent to size 30.
    It also held up to a light stiffening using fabric stiffener.
    I'm pleased that some thread companies are coming out with improved metallic threads in many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jury's still out on metallics for me. I'll have to bite the proverbial bullet and buy a ball ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out nicely! I don't think the Liz Metallic is too difficult to retro-tat. It's a whole lot easier than some of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s funny how we can have a ‘blind spot’ in a pattern. Glad you overcame it to make a really pretty snowflake. Pity the shine doesn’t show.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!