Monday, August 13, 2018

Metallic snowflake - nuntium ducentesimum nonagesimum

Here's the Lizbeth Metallic Rose snowflake that I was able to complete. (See previous post for the one where I ran out of this thread.) It's a pattern by Betsy Evans.  It's very easy to do and the result is pretty nice.

I wonder if the pink snowflakes will be a hit?  The metallic thread certainly does give more body to the flakes which is very appealing.

School tomorrow, sigh.  I know that once the kids come it will be fun but I sure have enjoyed my summer!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that’s lovely, glad you could complete it. I hope school gets off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowflake looks great! The rose color is a hit with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Canadian children's story about pink snow! Can't embed a link so here's the clunky way: https://www.amazon.com/Other-Weird-Weather-Penguin-Readers/dp/0448418584

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!