Tuesday, January 31, 2012

nuntium sexagesimum primum (61st post) TIAS 6 & 7

Where did that week go?  Whoosh.

Chapters and Units done in school so that means the next ones have to be ready to go. Plus  I'm taking a group to Italy this summer so we had a meeting last night- bit of preparation for that but somehow there's been a little tatting too.

I've got Heart's Desire which Frivole so graciously diagrammed.
motif #12 Lizbeth size #20  burgundy?


And Birgit's peacock heart which somehow ended up as a bookmark.  I like the pattern but the variegation on the thread made it look dopey.  I guess the change between colors is too long for this little sweetheart of a pattern.
motif #13 in dopey variegation (EdMar Brazilian Thread)


Then I tried Mary Konior's Convoluvus pattern (from Tatting in Lace)  again in some fun Lizbeth.  My husband didn't like the bottom of the original so I modified it to his specs.  Now he really likes it.

So I put a tassel on it too.

And of course the TIAS which I realize now is a day behind!!!
day 6  TIAS

day 7 TIAS

Best quit blogging and get to tatting!

Latin for today:  caper est!  = It's a goat!

11 comments:

  1. I would love to visit L'italia (would that be correct?)

    I love your Burgundy heart! I just did one yesterday. It's a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatting looks marvellous!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful Tatting. congrats on the trip, it will be fun I am sure.
    I don't know how you do it, get all that tatting done along with everything else. makes me wish I could find a few more minutes to get more done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    I love the shade of your dark red heart, very nice. I've decided after tatting this pattern that I would attach the little free-standing ring (the only one that's not attached) to the one next to it if I was making it again. I had initially marked that on the pattern but then got worried about making any modifications which might bring me reproach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've tatted so much! I feel like a real slacker! Heart's Desire looks gorgeous in that deep red... perfect for Valentine's Day.

    I would love to go to Italy. I hope you have a wonderful time with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I really love Heart's Desire made in just one color - I think I might try it in Boysenberry. I have a big file of heart patterns though and I want to tat a few different ones.

    I have to tell you that it really saddens me every time I see Kersti's bookmark. That is actually just a small piece of the Convolvulus edging from Mary Konior's Tatting in Lace book. The bookmark pattern doesn't even remove the extra joining picots not necessary when beginning and ending the piece.

    I would love to hear more about your trip to Italy. We went a couple of years ago and had a marvelous time - how I'd love to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing hearts but never know what to do with them. I've fixed this post to correctly credit Mary Konior- I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I wondered about those picots on the other one... Plus the name is in LATIN! : )

      Delete
    2. Really!? So what does it mean? I've always wondered about the name and the book doesn't explain it.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you got quite a bit of tatting done. Heart's Desire looks great. I agree with you that the thread in peacock's heart just doesn't do the pattern justice.
    The TIAS is fun, isn't it? I think it's a goat, too, but you never know with Jane! And, of course, she won't admit what it is until the end, either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy with your tatting, you must have had a lot of meetings this week.

    I love the heart, but the peacock heart thread does not do it for me either, and the bookmark is gorgeous, I also think its a goat for the TIAS, seems to be really popular thinking.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great hearts and flower bookmark!! :)

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!