Monday, January 23, 2012

nuntium sexagesimum (60th post) TIAS day 4 and 5


Here's day 4 and 5 of Jane's TIAS.  I still don't have the slightest idea but I'm having a great time doing it.


day 4

day 5
It's been a tough few days but I was able to tat in the car while my husband drove us all to North Dakota and back. 

On the way to ND, I tried this bookmark which was very interesting and fun once I decided to follow Kersti's pattern instead of trying it my own way.
motif #11

In North Dakota, we stayed with my parents who live near a coulee and have tons of pheasants in the back yard.

I got more tatting done today on the way back but we got home late and for some reason riding in the car for 400 miles is exhausting.  More later this week, I think.

Latin for today:  autoraeda septem horas vecti sumus = We rode in the car for 7 hours.


12 comments:

  1. Hi and bye, hope you enjoyed your visit to ND during our first main winter weather of the year. according to the weatherman during the news tonight. this year we have 10" of snow, as of this date last year we had 60".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was an emergency visit to see my grandpa. He passed away about an hour after we got there.

      Delete
  2. Car trips wear me out as well.
    I have a hard time tatting in the car. Maybe my inner ear is just more sensitive than yours. Does it not make you car sick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on if my tummy is full or not. If not, I can't do anything, if so, I can tat or work on my computer. Crazy!

      Delete
  3. Your bookmark is lovely Michelle - what colour is it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's HDT from Anika. It's kind of blue/black. My daughter loves it and snatched up the bookmark almost before I finished hiding the ends!

      Delete
  4. Follow a pattern? What a novel idea! ; )

    I love the way your bookmark turned out, and you're doing a great job with the T.I.A.S. I don't tat very well in the car, but I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Michelle, I am so sorry.
    blessings on you and your family as you deal with this.

    I experience about the same when reading or tatting in the car. an empty tummy gets car sick worse then a full one. been that way since very little on. go figure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are very kind. If you can spare a prayer for my grandma and my daughters, that would be great.

      Delete
  6. That bookmark is very sharp!! I like the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tat in the car all the time. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending hours getting jostled or vibrated in the car, confined to a small space, and watching the world go by without doing anything about it, can definitely be tiring. I like long road trips, but definitely sympathize.

    You turned out a lovely bookmark, though. I really like the colors you chose, and the tatting looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!