Sunday, January 15, 2012

nuntium duodesexagesimum (58th post) TIAS day 2

Hooray!!!  The Ludi Romani is over!  It went very well although there were a few troubles with schedules in the morning, otherwise, it went wonderfully!  I wish I could show you pictures of what we did but I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of other people's kids.  (Or mine for that matter, despite how lovely they are- ha ha!)  I wish could relate the sheer pleasure of looking out in a room where 200 others love Latin and want to spend their day with each other.  I had a number of great parent volunteers and two of my former students who made the day even more marvelous.  These two young men have been coming to help for so many years, I hardly have to do anything! Well, at least the day of anyway.  This is a dream of mine come true each year.

But really this is a blog for tatting.  I came home last night so, so tired but I wanted to tat and managed day 2 of the TIAS.  But my camera battery was dead from the Ludi so I couldn't take a picture until today- haha!
Here it is:
Latin for today: otiosa cras ero = I'm on break tomorrow!




3 comments:

  1. Love the colour, I am glad you had a great day and now you can get back to your tatting.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun on your break.
    sounds like a good time was had by all, wish I could have come.
    your tatting is very good as always. it will be interesting to see what we are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the Ludi Romani. I did a little Latin in high school and loved it, but haven't kept up. It would be fun though to be in a huge group of people who all think Latin is cool.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!