Sunday, April 2, 2017

New ice drop - - nuntium duocentesimum quinquagesimum primum

Here's what I made yesterday with my fellow tatters and while sitting with the family as they watched basketball.

I've been thinking about this one for a long time- the color combo and beads.  Yesterday I finally had the time to do something about those thoughts!  I don't know what to do with it though.  Should I make a pin out of it?  A pendant?  One of my daughters suggested a suncatcher.  I just don't know.  This is the deadly part.  When I don't know, it languishes in my box of finished-but-what-will-I-do-with-it stuff.

And thank you for the lovely suggestions about the pin.  I'm going to try them all!!

And thank you to those who looked at my girl's shop.  She was so excited last night to tell me about all the views!


16 comments:

  1. Will it fit inside a bangle? I know we all tat with different tension, but I'm pretty sure mine will fit inside a bangle. I just haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on adding pin backs to some more of mine. I found some smaller pins that will allow me to sew the pin above center. I've found that the larger pin backs that fit across the center tend to flop over. That said, I think this would make a wonderful pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful T.O.M. I am wracking my brain... what to do with it?.... Surely there is something.
    L.L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je suggère un pendentif suspendu un tour de cou en frivolité. La couleur est ravissante!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. J'aime bien cette idée! Merci mille fois!

      Delete
  4. That's just gorgeous Michelle - I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the gold really great💟🐥💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- thank you! I really like it too but the first thing my younger daughter said was, "I like everything but the bead in the center!"

      Delete
  6. Wonderful colours! Mmm, just admire it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have used one of my favourite coloured threads and it looks fab, I am sure you will find a use for it, such a shame to languish hidden away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites too. I especially love the unexpected blue in it! I will find a use. ; )

      Delete
  8. So gorgeous -- the gold really brings out the colors of the thread.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!