Wednesday, July 13, 2016

What is this? - - nuntium duocentesimum undetricesimum

I know some tatters work on things and have other tatters guess what it is but here's a different one.  I was recently looking for something in my tatting stuff and found many things including this.

Does anyone recognize it?  I wonder what it is?  It's certainly not complete or it would be somewhere else, I think.  Is it a butterfly wing?  Is it something I started and did wrong?  I've thrown it away twice now and fished it out of the bin thinking there must be something to it.

And thank you for all the help with round 15.  I've started it and it's going well, if s-l-o-w-l-y!  I'd forgotten how the outer rounds take so much longer!  I am loving working with the size 80 (or tatting crochet size).  I'm actually considering entering this one into the State Fair.

I think next it will be a square doily like Sally's or a concentric rectangle one that Diane and Fox did.  I'm loving those!  Or maybe Robin's coasters...  so many options!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like Jane Eborall's TIAS from 2014. Beautiful doily. I love working with small thread for large projects too...now if only I had the stamina to finish one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!!! I haven't worked with size 80 for anything of significant size in 20+ years but this has me going. Plus you do all that beautiful designing work too, you are amazing, I just downloaded the coasters- can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Ah, Robin beat me to it. I stared at it for ages and thought it looked familiar!!!!! Took BC3 a while to work it out!! Here's the link. http://janeeborall.freeservers.com/SailingBoat2014.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mat, it's working up and going to be a gorgeous mat
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew what that bit was the moment I saw it. Great looking doily too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you need to keep that top piece. It sounds like it has your attention for some inspiration and some reason. :)
    Your doily is awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I thought it was a first or second attempt a making a pattern for a sugar skull. It's almost there if so :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course, robin is correct, but if you wanted to repurpose it, my first thought was that it looked like a tornado and reminded me of this pattern:
    http://www.be-stitched.com/free-tatting-patterns/tatted-tornado/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cudowna serwetka frywolitkowa.Wzór przesliczny Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, instantly recognisable as Jane's! Your Renulek looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you've found out what your work in progress is! I've been faithfully printing out each round of Renulek's doily, but I haven't yet started. There are so many choices. I'm seriously considering another Concentric Rectangles doily. I do love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I recognized your WIP right away, even though it is upside down. It looks good. For you next project you could finish it?? The doily is marvelous! I'm sure I'd find it quite tedious in that small of thread. Do enter it in the state fair.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!