Monday, September 10, 2018

I do not like it, Sam I am - nuntium trecesimum secundum

Okay, so I am really sold on the Lizbeth Metallic threads.  I'm planning to spend all of my ill-gotten gains on it.  All that is except for the iridescent.
Meh


Why?

Well, for one it just isn't that iridescent.  It's just barely sparkly.  My students would describe it as "meh".  It's ordinary and not worth the extra cost for that.  My white thread is just as interesting.

And for two, it's terrible to tat with it.  I feel I've given the metallics a fair shake and tried several kinds.  They have been pretty darn good to tat with, not exactly like cotton but enough that I'm willing to shell out the big bucks for more.  But not this one, no way, no how.  It fights the whole time and is hard to close - for me!  Other tatters at TCT this past weekend didn't know what I was talking about!  It's comparable to how black thread is just a bit different from other colors. 

I shall spend it all on more Sand Dollar which might be my favorite.  Or Steel Blue.  Or Sea Foam.  or.. or...

And, Robin- I apologize.  I have tatted this snowflake twice.  Muttered about the four picots on the outer rings and how that just isn't as nice and why would it be an even number.  Until - sitting next to Happy Bluebird, I realized that it's supposed to be 5 picots. Seriously, not until the second snowflake, fifth arm.  Duh- Robin would never do that.  Be sure to check out Robin's actual pattern rather than my feeble version.

7 comments:

  1. Well, your experimenting has let you know what you don’t like as well as what you do like, that’s what it was all about. Looks pretty as a picture, but the picture gives no sense of what the thread was like to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I had a good chuckle at the end of your blog post! I honestly couldn’t tell you had 4 picots there, especially because the graduated picots sometimes hide behind one another. I agree about the Iridescent thread. I really struggled to close my rings and it’s more of a pearl color, not sparkly. I’ve been tatting a few things with the other metallic colors after seeing your recent blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that about that thread it was described as rubbery to tat with, not good slide. But that snowflake shape seems to make up for it, it's very beautiful(skipped snowflake or not)❤❄❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your thread assessment! The Steel Blue remains my favorite, and I have a feeling there will be several Steel Blue snowflakes on my tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake looks wonderful!!! :)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Liz Metallics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s lovely snowflake, I don’t suppose anyone would know that the pattern originally said five and you did four, it’s unique to you, I would not worry about it, it’s looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!