Sunday, September 13, 2015

tealight - nuntium centesimum octogesimum sextum

I'm a little surprised that I didn't post about these last spring when I was making them.  Hmm.

I got this idea from a German blog that I follow by Conny.  Here is her original post from last November.

This is made with Lizbeth Christmas Red, size 20.  I'm hoping to make more for my own home this year.

Here's another in silver, which didn't turn out as well.  Different thread size changed things.

And in a non-tatting note, I spent the afternoon outside on the patio (with a shawl).  Probably the last hurrah for one of my favorite places.


  1. Die Teelichter sind hübsch geworden. Der silberne Teelichthalter gefällt mir sehr gut!

  2. What a lovely idea! I think both look really pretty, even the one you say didn't work out so well - I like the way it goes a bit higher up the candle.

    1. I do too! I like the "skirt" of the red one better though. This needs some patient redoing.

  3. Pretty. I have a stash of tealight candles. Hmm.

  4. Those are a wonderful idea!! They look beautiful!!! :)


gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!