Sunday, May 21, 2017

a post about gratitude - -nuntium duocentesimum quinquagesimum septimum

Today I wanted to take the time to say thank you to those tatters who post so often.  I want to name you all but I hesitate because I don't want to leave anyone out!

Some of you post about your tatting every day.  I enjoy seeing your little motifs or the challenges you set yourself (How many can I make from one ball of thread, etc).  Others are working on big projects and watching your progress is almost as fun as making my own progress on something large.  So many of you are able to work on multiple projects at once!  Others have so many interests from spinning to crocheting to weaving to enameling to things I haven't even thought of.  I love to learn about the new things.  Some of you are so generous with your creations and patterns and you share them with others.  Some inspire many of us to try your idea too.  Wow!

When I first started tatting, there was no internet and only my Great Aunt who taught me to tat.  And that was nice but she was isolated too.  It was tricky to grow for either of us.  Now I feel I have so many tatting friends and love to learn from others.

All this to say that this past year has been one of the very hardest emotionally in my life, both in school and at home.  I want to tat and some weeks (really) there hasn't even been one double stitch.   But I've been able to enjoy in brief snatches, your works, ideas, humor and more.  So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

with great affection,
Michelle
Made this one for St. Patrick's day.

12 comments:

  1. Sincerely hope rest of the year goes by pleasantly and you are able to do all you want to. And here's hoping for a zillion more happy years to come so that we get to enjoy your creativity, too :-)
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are one of my very favorites! I appreciate your kind wishes.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful post, I agree we should be thankful for all the amazing people like you. From my side, I like your blog as it is and I'm waiting with patience that you find your time for tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your posts are so wonderful and cheerful too!

      Delete
  3. I echo your thanks. I live on a rather remote farm and really appreciate the online community, ideas and friendships. Good luck with life going forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm in awe of your tatting but also the variety of things you do!

      Delete
  4. I also appreciate all the friends I have made online. I find that reading about what others are doing inspires me to keep trying, and the encouragement of others helps me stay positive. Best of all, there have been many opportunities to actually meet the friends I've made online! Here's to a brighter future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your daily posts are so fun and positive! And you've inspired a whole movement- ice drop addicts! I love how your continue to share your love with king ds and your willingness to learn. Ew things all the time! Can't wait to get together this summer!

      Delete
  5. Michelle, I echo your words, I started tatting over forty years ago so I had no internet but I did over a period of time manage to buy Mary Konior books and borrow some from the library, I also started to take the Anne magazine which grow into a huge pile of knowledge.
    Now with the internet I have meet and chatted to so many tatters that years ago would never have seemed possible. I may not post as regularly as I used to due to illness and on going illness but I try to make and find interesting things to post. Watch the blog there's at least two historical items coming as well tatting knitting and of course card making.
    I have always enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your tatting, so thank you for echoing my thoughts, because without the tatters and crafters who post everyday or most days we would have nothing much to read, end enjoy, plus just think of all the patterns we have discovered and tried, without the internet we would never have had so many things to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it so much better! Thank you and thank you! I love your tatting of course but your travel posts are wonderful too!

      Delete
  6. HI Guys...Nice post introducing MARKETtour on blogwalking : www.mymarkettour.blogspot.co.id and get feedback to markettour.atlantik@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing all the things you tat too!!! :)
    Your Ice Drop is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!