Thursday, January 12, 2017

This one! - nuntium duocentesimum duodequinquagesimum

I should have just gone straight to Joëlle.  This one's available through her Etsy shop, La Cossette.

This is vintage size "tatting thread" which is 70 or maybe 80.  It's a dear little thing.  I had two but on the second one I miscounted the beads.  No problem, I thought, I'll just crush the extra one with my pliers and close the ring.  Can you imagine that crushing the bead was sharp enough that it CUT the core thread.  Into the bin with that one.

Saturday I have 108 very enthusiastic Latin students coming to my school for a day-long Latin event.  That's been keeping me busy.  More on Sunday- I hope.

9 comments:

  1. That is a cute one, and I have crushed beads all the time and one day that same thing happened to me, it cut the thread. Go figure. Glad you got a good one done💟

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pattern!
    Hope you enjoyed your Latin event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great butterfly!
    I have suffered the same fate trying to crush an errant bead. I know how you felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful little butterfly. Great color and beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute butterfly. The beads really make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!