Sunday, November 18, 2018

bookmark again -nuntium trecesimum octavum

Here is another bookmark with the same Diamond Braid pattern in a wonderful Lizbeth color, Falling Leaves.
This is again from Robin's book, available here

Jane asked if I did well at the fair- I did!  Hugely well!  I think I sold more bookmarks than anything else but the snowflakes were a close second.  This was the fifth year at this fair and I had many repeat customers.  It was interesting because of a snafu, we ended up in a different room.  I had a number of people expressing great relief that they'd found me and that I'd still come.  I have to admit it was quite flattering and a wonderful boost to the ego.  All in all, a great sale for me.  (Not so much for my daughter or sister though- who knows why?)

5 comments:

  1. So glad to read of your success! You have finally been 'discovered'! The repeat customers do add to the incentive to keep attending the events. Comments from them are heartwarming. I very much enjoy talking to visitors and explaining the uniqueness of tatting and its history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess it’s like the music business, years of slogging along before discovery... just kidding! It is nice to be recognized for sure but I love introducing people to tatting, especially young ones and giving people opportunities to reminisce about loved ones and their memories.

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful and I am glad you did well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!