Saturday, July 21, 2018

Messy flowers - nuntium ducentesimum octogesimum quartum

Here's my last little bit of "panic" tatting.  I have this lovely old  rayon crochet which is super shiny.  I wouldn't use it for anything because it "fights" a it as you tat but I made up these "messy" flowers for barrettes.  Who knows if anyone will like them?  They really go against my grain.  I love symmetry and order (What Latin teacher doesn't?) and this really flies in the face of that.

I'm interested to see if anyone even picks one up!

By the by, thank you for your positive comments- I've been away from blogging so long I wasn't sure anyone would see my posts.  It's so nice to have encouragement (my family does a great job but they're always nice...)

14 comments:

  1. I also prefer symmetry, but your messy flowers are adorable! I would definitely pick one up to look at it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I’m sure your messy flowers will be looked at. Not everyone is drawn to symmetry and these would make a lovely gift for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my target - little girls! Let's hope?

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Let's say that real flowers are in any case a good example of messy simmetry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, real flowers don’t have exact shape petals, and these look like flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret - you are always so encouraging!

      Delete
  5. They are very pretty !!! Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ;-D Wish you success ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I think they look great like that! I like asymmetry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are truly pretty and I am sure someone will love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The German in me, it is strong hence my preference for symmetry BUT the older I get, the less I require it. The flowers are enticing and any child who's hair requires clips would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful, and there will probably be a lot of interest in them! I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!