Thursday, July 19, 2018

Dreamcatchers (again) - nuntium ducentesimum octogesimum secundum

I've been making things for our local craft fair called ComoFest.  I've been working on dreamcatchers which I learned from "Hiskid" way back in 2012.  She very sweetly made this tutorial for me back then.  Even though I really love the final product, I haven't made these for a couple years.  It was so fun, I did all the hoops I had this time!


Every time we have this summer craft fair, I work like crazy on the "next best and greatest thing" thinking they'll sell like hotcakes.  I'll just be thrilled if I break even.

14 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, let us know if they sell sometimes I have no luck at all. Some one told me you have to pick the right fair. I always wonder which one is the right one😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s very difficult to know what will sell. These dream catchers are lovely, I hope they’ll be just what the buyers want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are totally awesome and fabulously colored!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dreamcatchers look great! I've been asked to participate in our Christmas in the Village again. The attendance was so low last year, I'm not sure I want to put the effort in. Last year I spent more than I brought in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done this fair about 10 times now and sometimes break even. Sigh.

      Delete
  5. I love the dreamcatchers! I made the “real” ones years ago with leather and sinew - now I need to try them with tatting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find the hoops anymore- I looked yesterday. Maybe we can find them before TCT!

      Delete
  6. What size are your hoops? My mind is a-twirl with ideas about how to make things work ...

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the size of a quarter, I’d say. Can't find them anymore though.

      Delete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!