Sunday, August 20, 2017

Garden cross and procrastination - nuntium duocentesimum septuagesimum septimum

I'm stalling.  School starts Wednesday and I need a review for 8th grade French.  I have a list but can't quite get myself going. So blogging it is!  : )
I made this cross for Ruth- the receptionist who passed away in the explosion.  It's school colors but somehow it doesn't look as nice as the pattern by Robin Perfetti shows.

Speaking of procrastination, I always seem to find a painting project right before school starts.  This poor bannister languished too long.  The intention was to replace with with an unpainted wooden one but after 23 years of hoping to get to it, I decided to paint it.
 Painting wood seems terrible but condition not worth refinishing.
 That's a lot of painter's tape.
 Looks pretty good, I think.  : )

15 comments:

  1. The cross looks lovely,
    Your new bannister looks lovely, nice shade of blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cross is beautiful! I'm all for painting when refinishing won't work, and I think you did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your procrastination involves blogging! The cross is beautiful. Your painting freshens it all up wonderfully. Nice colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way your cross turned out!! :)
    Great painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE a procrastinator, haha! The cross looks nice - so sweet of you. Your banister looks nice too - I'm all for painting wood when it is beyond looking nice with just stain and varnish. Adds some personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great bannister brushing! I do know how gidfly that job is! Nice work TOM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want to tell you how much I am enjoying my purchase of the little tatted star with glass bead center. It was at the neighborhood fair in the church parking lot in Midway Hamlin. It is pinned to the lampshade so I can enjoy it day and night. I'd send a picture if this site allowed ... but don't know how. Happy Tatting, Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jean, I can't tell you how much this delights me! Thank you for taking the time to find me and tell me!- Michelle

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely cross. I'm sorry there's a need.

    ~HH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cross, and the colors how the white is the enter cross. and the stair banister is a great accomplishment looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work on both projects!I have tatted since age 16. Working furiously on holiday ornaments now! Sue.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!