Monday, July 10, 2017

Not as enthusiastic crocheting... - nuntium duocentesimum sexagesimum septimum

I can crochet. Really, I can.  Though I don't like it much and with size 80, I'm a disaster.  Fortunately the recipient isn't a crocheter (I hope).
Another side and some to go... ugh.

Then I can tat again!  And I saw a video from Tatman about how to do Maltese rings which I have never understood but now am dying to do.  Patterns anyone?

The lion continues his adventures...
We went to the Barber Institute for the induction of the loan of Monet's Water Lily Pond from the Chicago's Art Institute (Saw it there too.)  We went to the Barber last year too and I fell in love with it.

We made a beautiful headboard for our third friend who arrived today:
The lion was no help.
This was my first job with upholstery and we had to figure out the new sewing machine which wasn't complicated but the manual truly is.  Youtube to the rescue!

We had champagne on the terrace:
Oh my!
And this little treasure for dinner:
New to me- wow!

I am so completely spoiled!!!



6 comments:

  1. Looks fun - apart from the crocheting, which is merely serviceable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or functional might be a better word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hanky looks ok, I can't crochet so I am no judge??
    Your were spoilt but you made me laugh, my husband will eat a pork pie anyday, something very British, if I could send you some I would but I don't think the customs would let them in. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now I am hungry. I found a recipe for pork pie from scratch online and made it. Fell in love with it. Lost the recipe.
    I CAN crochet and I can knit while watching the game on TV.
    I prefer to tat. I just like it better.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!