Thursday, June 9, 2016

Oh bother! - nuntium duocentesimum vicesimum quintum

Isn't that what Winnie the Pooh says when things don't go exactly right?  Oh bother.


Friday was meetings all morning and I got almost all the way around on Round 9. Then I picked it up Sunday morning, for some reason looked at the pattern again and realized that I'd done almost the whole thing wrong with 6-p-6 on the thrown rings instead of 4-p-4.  So out came the scissors.
Monday morning we had meetings so I got back some but then it was close up the classroom, run errands for the trip and bake a birthday cake (elder daughter now 20!) and biscotti for younger daughter who loves them so and I haven't had time to make them.  So I'm not done with 9 yet and today is 10.  Maybe I won't even look until I'm done with 9.  Maybe.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm going to read my Feedly next!

Leaving for Italy on Sunday with 17 students, one of my best friends (Science teacher next door who learned to tat a few years ago), 5 parents and my younger daughter.  That should keep me out of trouble.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow leaving for Italy, wow lucky you! Been there once and loved it! maybe you will get to see our other blogger Ninetta now sure I spelled it right. I hate to mess up like that but now you will have something to do on the plane :) I think you are doing fine and colors are great and looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a friend who'd say 'Bother said Pooh'. Bother indeed, a shame to have to get the scissors out! Enjoy your trip to Italy, sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!!! Yes, Pooh says Oh bother! :)
    Your doily looked fabulous!!! :) I think I probably would have left it cuz' I don't think it would have changed anything and because I am lazy!!! :)
    Oh, and row 11 came out today(I am not far on row 10 so you can catch up)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get lots of tatting inspiration on your trip! Maybe you can make up for lost tatting time on the plane, unless you prefer sleeping! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun, Michelle. If time permits, I hope you get to meet some other tatters on your journey. As to the doily, I haven't even started row 8 yet. The pattern will be there when we get to it, but I suspect you might get to it before me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to hear about your trip! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, bother! At least you saw the mistake before you started the next round! How wonderful to go to Italy! We expect to hear all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pooh! Looks good so far, but it's a bummer to cut away so much work! See you soon? If not, have a WONDERFUL trip 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was the thought of all the excitement to come that made you go wrong! Have a fab time in Italy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to see lace being cut - so much time & effort & love goes into creating it ! But great news :-) Have a great time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you managed to redo the part and got it right,
    I hope you have a great adventure in Italy, I won't be far away I am going to Austria next weekend, I look forward to hearing about Italy
    Margaret t

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!