Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thank you! - - nuntium trecesimum vicesimum sextum

Well, well- that was a pleasant surprise!  Thank you all who took the time to write and tell me your thoughts about blog vs. Instagram vs. Facebook.  I really appreciate your input and shall continue my meager blogging.  (and the instagram too).  I have a FB account and am a member of several groups but honestly I don't look much because I find FB to be such a rabbit hole.  I go to see tatting patterns and next thing I know it's an hour later and I'm watching videos about Kate Middleton's shoes.  I mean really, who has time for that!

So back to blogging.
Here a snowflake that I've never tried despite owning the book Festive Tatting for 20+ years.  It's never appealed to me from the book but Diane's looked so nice, I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Sadly mine is about as inspiring as the one in the book.
Maybe I should have blocked it instead of the quick iron method.  I'll be interested to see if anyone buys it at the first craft fair.

Again thank you for taking the time to write!  I appreciate each one of you and think of you as friends.  The first 25 years of tatting was such a lonely thing, now I feel I have encouragers and inspiration everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. I definitely needed to block mine! It is a pretty pattern. I hope your craft show goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed your post about blogging v. Facebook, Instagram, etc. I definitely prefer blogs, as they are almost like reading a magazine, with informative descriptions accompanying the photos. I also enjoy reading the comments. Blogger blogs especially are easy to navigate and search, and you can instantly find older posts, going back to the beginning. Even though many have abandoned their blogs, they are for the most part still available on the internet and are treasure troves of information.

    My 'problem' is that I'm spending more time reading about tatting than actually doing it - but that's because it's relaxing for me to read the blogs and I do so daily. I now have some arthritis in my hands and it's not as comfortable for me to tat, but I love seeing all the projects everyone is working on. I'm completely amazed at how tatting has evolved, and that 30 years ago in 1989 when I started tatting I never would have believed how tatters would be able to easily communicate with each other via the blogs and youtube videos --and no longer feel isolated or be dependent on editors' whims about what gets published.

    But Facebook is too 'flighty' for me - not always a lot of information, and difficult to search. Instagram is similar. Pinterest provides stunning galleries of tatted lace, but it has issues concerning accurate information and does not always have links to the original designers.

    Glad you're among the active bloggers, as I always enjoy reading your posts! This design is a pretty one and brings me back to one of the first books I bought in 1989, which showed new ideas for tatting. It seems that this book helped to introduce tatted snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!