Saturday, October 26, 2019

Fall Break - nuntium trecesimum vicesimum septimum

Last week we had Thursday and Friday off from school.  We went to Lanesboro, Minnesota which is one of the top 20 most beautiful small towns of America.  And it was!  We stayed at the Historic Scanlan house.  Lovely and we felt so pampered.  Neither darling husband nor I are very good at sitting still, especially with days off so going away forced a bit of relaxation on us both. 

We rented bikes (with an additional discount if you stay at the Scanlan) and rode along the beautiful Root River on a trail created by the DNR along disused rail line.  It was gorgeous with gorgeous weather and leaves turning.  And I was able to ride a bike although my hand started to hurt near the end.

We ate one night at The Old Village Hall and seriously it was amazing food.  I've eaten at Michelin starred restaurants before and this was as good.  With zero pretense.  It's a long drive for use from here but I'm thinking about it.  : )

And, I got to tat in the car while he drove. 
Here are some old friends and new:
There's Festive Tatting, Calixa, a few from Patti Duff's Mini-Tats. a snowflake from Decoromana which I've made probably 40 times and Elizabeth Zipay's Tiny Snowflake.

My school recently made me switch my Apple ID from my school email to a private one.  It makes sense of course but when I started doing email/Apple ID, we used these things so differently.  One HUGE hassle though is that patterns I had stored on my ipad are now gone and I was alarmed to find that digital downloads are NOT always available.  After a certain number of years, you cannot re-download them!  This is very frustrating and even though I contacted all the vendors from these older patterns, only ONE has contacted me with the patterns.  Fortunately I can read a picture and recreate (although it's a lot slower) and since I've paid for them once, I feel no guilt.  But ETSY, come on!  Figure this out, they should be available to the buyer forever.

Well, where did that rant come from?  : )

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I'm glad you could get away for a few days. Men and driving must be universal. I get a lot of handwork done in the car, too.
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- he loves to drive and I love to tat. It's perfect!

      Delete
  2. It’s a shame to lose your patterns when you change devices. I wish I could tat in a moving car. Sounds like a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful getaway weekend! I also enjoy tatting in the car, although I'm not as prolific as you are. I tend to gaze at the scenery! I agree, once you purchase a pattern, it should be available to you forever. Technology is great, when it works!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!