Friday, August 17, 2018

Diane to the rescue aka Metallic snowflake #3 - nuntium ducentesimum nonagesimum secundum

Thank goodness for Diane, the Lace Lovin' Librarian!  I greedily tried to make a second flake from the Lizbeth Metallic Rose which she kindly shared with me and ran out!  So in a complete fit "need to complete it", I requested two more arm-lengths so I could complete Frivole's Le Flocon Frivole.  And Diane being the kind person she is, got it instantly in the post.


I trimmed that offending bit of thread after the photo!

Whew, I don't know how long I could have lived with that incomplete flake.
Thanks, Diane.  I'll sleep easier now.

8 comments:

  1. YES 😀 Diane is a lifesaver I don't know what I would do with out her blog and her help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful metallic version of Frivole's beautiful pattern. Diane, of course, came to the rescue!

    Is it true you are already back in school? I'm amazed how this all got started (apparently in the '90s?) Our schools start next week, but some states want to return to Labor Day. I read articles for and against. As a kid I wouldn't have been happy starting before Labor Day! I loved every day of my vacation! I was 'ready' to go back in September, but not in August! Of course, that was 'conditioning'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah- Teachers are back, students next week on Tuesday. I, too, went to school from Labor Day to Memorial Day and seemed to learn enough... My birthday is this Sunday and my whole life it was a "summer birthday" but no longer (sigh). The worst thing is that the second half of August becomes September in my mind and when September is finally over on the 30th, it feels like a marathon! : )

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to oblige! It's funny, the picture of the card caught my eye. It is blue, after all! Then I read the title of your blog post and started chuckling to myself. I didn't recognize it as the card I sent you!

    The snowflake looks great! I've been on a reading kick this week, so I have very little tatting to show. Maybe I'll get back in the groove after our Tollway Tatters meeting today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowflake, well done on being rescued by Diane, and I am so pleased you could finish the snowflake. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been frustrated, too, with that much of the flake completed ...

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!