Friday, July 20, 2018

Roses - - nuntium ducentesimum octogesimum tertium

I've been back at my rose bookmarks again (for the craft fair).  These are a combination of Jeanne Lugert's rose, a modified version of Frivole's leaf (modified because I goofed not because it wasn't wonderful) and my own variant for the the little leaf by the rose.  One of them even has some of Ninetta's treble tatting for the sepals which was fun to try. Here's her handy youtube video to help if you haven't tried it yet.

'
I cleaned the house all day today so tonight and tomorrow will be all "panic tatting".  ; )

9 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual! Good Luck with the “Panic Tatting”!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! How long does it take you to tat one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose- about 20 minutes, the leaves and spiral chain about 30 (total) and then assembly about 10 more. I would say about an hour all told. Unless there's treble tatting- whew that took a while!

      Delete
  3. Wow I absolutely love your roses and what a lovely effect with the tds, thank you, I'd try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Haha... panic tatting... perfect terminology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bookmarks, hope you get everything tatted for your craft fair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly gorgeous rose bookmarks!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! This is SO affirming!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!